Department of education
Educators and administrators across North Carolina know that great teachers come from Greensboro College. Our teacher preparation program is recognized as one of the strongest in the state.
Through in-class and hands-on learning, such as internships and field experiences, Education majors gain real classroom experience and enter the profession as highly qualified teachers. You will learn in a supportive and interactive environment that focuses on ethics, codes of conduct, and professional teaching standards, while encouraging you to examine your biases, dispositions, and values. Together, we will build your potential to make the world a better place by dedicating your life to future generations.
Majors and Minors
Our excitement for teaching and learning has inspired a generation of excellent teachers and earned our education program the following distinctions:
- 100% passing rate on North Carolina licensing exams
- Employment of 90%-plus of student teachers
- Employers and candidates report they are well prepared for the job
This commitment to student learning has resulted in our faculty being awarded the:
- Virginia Clarke Gray Teaching Award
- Alumni Association Teaching Award
- Award for Teaching Excellence