B.A. in Middle Grades Social Studies Education
Do you love to read and write? Have a passion for sharing how society functions? This education degree focuses on how to effectively teach foundational social studies concepts to middle schoolers, as well as prepare you for graduate school in the related fields. As a teacher in this fields, you will have an opportunity to foster children’s love for reading and writing, as well as spark an interest for learning more about humanity. If you want to be an integral part in paving the way for middle school students’ ability to effectively communicate and understand the world, then this is the degree program for you.
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. Middle Grades Social Studies Education allows you to:
- Embark on a fulfilling teaching career that helps the next generation of students gain an understanding of social studies
- Strengthen your critical thinking, instructional, and problem-solving skills
- Connect with students and change their lives for the better through the education system
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Middle Grades Social Studies Education means you will have unique opportunities to:
- Earn licensure for teaching social studies to middle-level students
- Train and prepare for your career in different school settings through 16-week-long student teaching experiences
- Learn from a passionate and caring faculty that leads by example and exemplifies great teaching
- Have one-on-one time with professors and advisors to ensure you stay on track with your career goals
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. in Middle Grades Social Studies Education, you can begin your education career teaching middle-school-level children. You will also be prepared to further your learning and pursue a graduate degree in education if you so choose.