Career & Personal Development
Grow into a great career and fulfilling life.
At the Office of Career and Personal Development, we support the personal, educational, professional, and spiritual growth of students and alumni, helping them develop the skills to make a positive impact wherever they live and work. With our guidance, Greensboro College students develop greater self-awareness, allowing them to identify their strengths, weaknesses, personal values, and interests as they chart the path to a bright future. Since career development is a lifelong journey, our office supports the employability and adaptability of Greensboro College students through graduation, then for the rest of their lives.
Career and Personal Development assists students and alumni with:
- Exploring career options within majors
- Developing networking, job searching, and interpersonal skills that help remain employable in a constantly changing workplace
- Gaining hands-on experience through career shadowing, internships, and relevant work experience
- Securing full-time employment or admission into graduate school
Getting Started: 4-year Career Development Plan
This detailed plan helps Greensboro College students embark on their career planning path, outlining clear steps from their first year through graduation.
Contact Career Development if You Have Questions Regarding:
- Choice of major or career
- Conducting a job search or negotiating an offer
- Creating a LinkedIn profile and using it to find internship and job opportunities
- Graduate or professional school
- Presenting yourself in an interview
- Setting up an informational interview or job shadow
- Writing an effective resume or cover letter
Email your questions to: email@example.com.
Caryn J Atwater, M.A.
Director, Office of Career and Personal Development
Greensboro College, Room 321
815 W. Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 272-7102 x5370