B.A. or B.S. in Special Education (General and Adapted)
Are you interested in providing the best care and education for children who have special learning needs? Do you want to positively impact children’s lives as a special education teacher? Our B.A. or B.S. in Special Education (General and Adapted) program was the first in North Carolina, and it remains one of the top education programs at Greensboro College. Upon graduation, you will be ready to continue your education for a graduate degree in a related field, or head to work changing the lives of children in the classroom.
Students majoring in Education, Special have the option of earning a concentration in the following areas:
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. or B.S. in Special Education (General and Adapted) is earned by individuals who have a deep level of compassion and patience to create individualized learning experiences for their students. This degree allows you to:
- Embark on a fulfilling teaching career that helps and cares for children with physical, mental, or learning challenges
- Strengthen your critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Connect with students and change their lives for the better through the education system
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. or B.S. in Special Education (General and Adapted) means you will have unique opportunities to:
- Experience a top education program in the state of North Carolina
- Earn teaching licensure for grades K-12
- Train and prepare for your career in different school settings through 16-week-long student teaching experiences
- Learn from a curriculum that emphasizes specialized learning and development
- Have one-on-one time with faculty to gain further teaching assistance, as well as stay on track with your career goals
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. or B.S. in Special Education (General and Adapted) , you can begin your education career teaching children from grades K-12. You will also be prepared to further your learning and pursue a graduate degree in education if you so choose.