B.S. in Middle Grades Science Education
Do you have a passion for scientific methods? Are you interested in changing the lives of children who share this passion? This degree focuses on teaching foundational science concepts to middle-grade students, as well as preparing you for graduate school in the related fields. As a teacher, you have the chance to spark middle school students’ excitement about this fields. If you want to fuel students’ interest in learning more about the science world, then this is the degree program for you.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. in Middle Grades Science Education allows you to:
- Embark on a fulfilling teaching career that helps the next generation of students gain an understanding of science
- Strengthen your critical thinking, instructional, and problem-solving skills
- Connect with students and change their lives for the better through the education system
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Middle Grades Science Education means you will have unique opportunities to:
- Earn licensure for teaching science to middle-grade students
- Train and prepare for your career in different school settings through 16-week-long student teaching experiences
- Learn from an exceptional faculty that leads inspiring teaching by example
- Have one-on-one time with professors and advisors to ensure you stay on track with your career goals
What Can I Do After GRADUATION?
With your B.S. in Middle Grades Science Education, you can begin your education career teaching middle-level children. You will also be prepared to further your learning and pursue a graduate degree in education if you so choose.