B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education
Do you love working with young children? Have a dream to better the next generation through compassionate teaching and guidance? The B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education focuses on training future teachers to effectively educate children in elementary grades through instructional development and ethical codes of conduct. This program also prepares you for a graduate degree in education-related fields. If you want to be a part of changing our future by teaching essential skills and values to young children, then this is the program for you.
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education allows you to:
- Embark on a fulfilling teaching career that helps the next generation gain an understanding of elementary-level subjects
- Inspire and influence children in a school setting as they grow up and begin understanding the world
- Connect with students and change their lives for the better through the education system
- Strengthen your critical thinking, instructional, and problem-solving skills
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education means you will have the unique opportunities to:
- Earn licensure for teaching students at the elementary level
- Train and prepare for your career in different school settings through 16-week-long student teaching experiences
- Learn from an exceptional faculty that leads by example and showcases passionate teaching
- Have one-on-one time with professors and advisors to ensure you stay on track with your career goals
What Can I Do After GRADUATION?
With your B.A. or B.S. in Elementary Education, you can begin your education career teaching elementary-level children. You will also be prepared to further your learning and pursue a graduate degree in education if you so choose.