Greensboro’s Residence Life mission
The mission of Residence Life is to provide students with a focused living and learning environment dedicated to safety, community, and education.
Living on campus gives students the opportunity to connect and grow. With an on-campus support system through our residence life staff, student groups and on-campus activities, you’ll be more likely to have success in the classroom and you’ll also be part of a community of students who are just like you.
Important COVID-19 Message
Current visitation hours are temporarily suspended due to health protocols. Each residence hall will be limited to residents and those who work in that building. Students are not permitted in a residential building they do not live in (with the exception of accessing the Student Health Center, the Cafeteria and meeting rooms adjacent to the Cafeteria), and no outside guests are permitted.
SUBMIT A WORK ORDER
SUBMIT AN INCIDENT REPORT FORM
REPORT SEXUAL MISCONDUCT
SUBMIT AN I.T. TICKET
HOUSING RELEASE REQUEST
RESIDENCE VERIFICATION FORM
Residence hall closings and reopenings for 2020-2021
- Football and Band move-in: TBD
- Fall sports and THEA move-in: TBD
- New Student Move-In: We anticipate new students will move in Saturday, August 15, but more direction will be provided from the Office of New Student Programs.
- Returning Student Move-In: sign-ups will be over multiple days prior to the first day of classes. All students will receive fall check-in information via email.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 — Semester break begins; halls close to all residents at 10 a.m., last meal dinner on Tuesday, Nov. 24. Residents must check-out with an RA before leaving.
- Sunday, Jan. 10 — Semester break ends; halls open for residents at noon; meals begin with dinner at 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 10.
- Friday, March 5 — Halls close to all residents at 5 p.m. for spring break; last meal is lunch. Residents must throw out all non-perishable foods and dispose of trash.
- Sunday, March 14 — Halls open for residents at noon, first meal is dinner.
- Friday-Sunday, April 2-4 — College closed, halls remain open; no meals on April 2 & 3, meals begin with dinner April 4.
- Sunday, May 2 — Move-out; halls close at 10 a.m. for all residents, last meal dinner on May 1. All items must be removed, and residents must check out with their Residence Advisor.
The college does not provide on-campus housing during Thanksgiving, Semester Break, and Spring Break. There is no food service during these breaks and residence hall staff members are not available. Students must make alternative living arrangements during these times.
Megan Whitcomb, Residence Life Coordinator
336-272-7102, ext. 5391