B.A or B.S. in Studio Art
Do you love producing creative work and expressing your ideas through art? Want to make a difference in the world with your creativity and vision? The B.A. or B.S. in Studio Art allows students to discover their creative style, to study art history and theory, and apply learned ideas through various art mediums. This degree will help you build upon your passion for creative expression and embark on a career in the arts. The curriculum gives students the option to hone their 2D or 3D art skills through the available concentrations, allowing them to build an impressionable art portfolio and for students to discover how their art can change the world.
Students can customize their path with one of these concentrations:
- Studio Art (General)
- Digital Art and Game Aesthetics: in collaboration with Rize Education
- Graphic Design: in collaboration with the Greater Greensboro Consortium
- 2D Studio: Drawing, Painting, Photography
- 3D Studio: Sculpture, Ceramics, 3D Design
Why Choose This Degree?
A BA. or B.S. in Studio Art allows you to:
- Strengthen your ability to express your ideas into 2D or 3D art mediums
- Explore creative career paths in fields such as advertising, designing, gaming, and illustrating
- Build upon your knowledge and appreciation of art’s impact on the past and present
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. or B.S. in Studio Art means you’ll have the unique opportunities to:
- Explore and express your creativity under the direction of encouraging faculty in a space with modern facilities
- Hone your 2D or 3D artistic skills with available major concentrations
- Be surrounded by fellow art students and gain support in your artistic endeavors
- Participate in creative, service-learning projects and make impactful artwork that will move our Greensboro community
- Build an impressive art portfolio with relevant work for your chosen career path
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your BA. or B.S. in Studio Art, you can begin your creative career in several art-related industries, including:
- Fashion and Design
- Gaming & Game Design
- Marketing and Advertising
- Motion Graphics and Animation