B.S. in Chemistry
Have you ever wondered how our world operates on the molecular level? Do you want to work in laboratories or other chemical industries? In our B.S. in Chemistry program, you will critically analyze scientific data, apply mathematical concepts, and understand chemistry’s role in everyday life through research and lab work. This rigorous program prepares students for a career in chemistry-related fields, such as chemical scientists and technicians, as well as sets students up for success in graduate or medical school.
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. in Chemistry from Greensboro College will:
- Fuel your interests and passions for learning about the natural world through a chemist’s lens
- Strengthen your skills in research, mathematics, data processing, and critical thinking
- Prepare you to enter the workforce or continue your studies in graduate school
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Chemistry means you’ll have the unique opportunities to:
- Work alongside equally passionate and driven students
- Have one-on-one classroom sessions with our highly experienced faculty
- Gain the intensive lab and research experience needed for career success through our curriculum and internships
- Be ahead of the competition and have the necessary skills needed prior to applying to graduate school
What Can I Do After Graduation?
Along with being ready to apply for graduate school if you so choose, with your B.S. in Chemistry, you can also go right to work in several chemistry-related professions, including:
- Chemists and Materials Scientists
- Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Technicians