B.S. in Mathematics Education
Students interested and committed to educating the next generation can earn a bachelor of science and teaching licensure in mathematics.
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. in Mathematics Education from Greensboro College will:
- Develop your logic and problem-solving skills to analyze mathematical concepts and recognize patterns.
- Gain the experience and knowledge to enter the rewarding field of teaching.
- Gain the necessary foundation to purse a graduate degree in related fields.
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Mathematics Education means you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn to teach mathematics in ways that allows students to be successful and learn to deliver this learning with both excellence and equality.
- Obtain a teaching license in mathematics, which will certify you to teach in most 9-12 schools.
- Small classes and one-on-one time with faculty.
- Our graduates have been very successful in gaining employment immediately after graduation.
What Can I Do After Graduation?
- You will be prepared to be a successful educator in the 9-12 environment.
- You will be ready to thrive in graduate school.