B.A. in Religion
Are you passionate about your faith? Do you want to explore a life in ministry, even if that ministry takes place outside of the context of the church? Our B.A. degree in Religion will help you build a solid foundation for religion and explore the study of theology and belief. This program will prepare you for a variety of careers in religious leadership, teaching, counseling, and research. If you’re interested in exploring religion as it relates to philosophy, ethics, history, and humanity, then this program is for you.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. in Religion will allow you to:
- Be in an environment that nurtures faith, fosters critical thinking, respects difference, and encourages growth
- Develop creative and unmatched skills in problem-solving, communication, and leadership by encountering the great thinkers and doers of history and through closer engagement with the great texts of history
- Give you opportunities beyond ministry and provide a foundation for a career in business, law, international diplomacy and related fields
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. in Religion means you will have the opportunity to:
- Study with published scholars and leaders that have received Ph.D.’s at some of the best universities in the world and have studied with some of the leading voices in religion, ethics, and philosophy
- Receive close attention from faculty that are personally invested in students’ success and their flourishing as a person, and that will help you navigate academic matters and concerns
- Obtain a double-major in History
- Pursue a ministry track, which includes courses in pastoral care
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. in Religion, you can:
- Go on to graduate work and research in many fields
- Go to seminary or divinity school to pursue a career in ministry
- Provide leadership at non-profit (or for-profit) organizations
- Enter various forms of ministry