B.A. in English Education
Are you interested in teaching high school English? Our B.A. in English Education program gives you the background and theory that you need to land a job as a teacher. This curriculum prepares students to be knowledgeable and exceptional English teachers. While in pursuit of your B.A. degree, you will also earn your teaching licensure, which is a state certification that most secondary schools expect you to have completed. If you’re interested in strengthening your love for English, learning about communication and media, and inspiring the next generation of young people, this is the degree program for you!
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
Pursuing a B.A. in English Education lets you:
- Build the confidence and skills you need to become a successful and respected high school English teacher
- Challenge your thinking and refine your command of English
- Learn the secrets and techniques that the best teachers use to enrich their students’ minds
- Inspire the next generation of young leaders
- Get a sneak peek of the teaching profession by doing on-site fieldwork at local schools
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. In English Education means you’ll have unique opportunities to:
- Earn a North Carolina teaching license, which is needed to teach high school English in public and many other schools
- Be mentored by actual high school teachers and develop skills through a system similar to apprenticeship models, since several of our faculty have taught high school
- Participate in mixed media projects, classroom discussions, and intensive writing assignments
- Work closely with faculty in both the English and education fields
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. in English Education, you can begin your teaching career. You will also be prepared to embark on a potential higher education journey as a graduate student in English or education-related fields.