Job Search Methods
- Networking / Informational Interviews / Job Shadows
- Social Media
- Professional/Trade Organizations
- Professional Conferences
- College Career/Alumni Offices
- Cold Contact/Direct Mail
- Job/Career Fairs
- Online Job Sites/Job Boards
- Corporate Career Centers/Websites
- Want Ads
- Pounding the Pavement/Cold Calling
Use this Job Search Checklist to help you in your job search. Remember, looking for a full-time job is a full-time job!
Cirrus Insight, a customer relationship management organization, offers job seekers advice and email etiquette tips.
Ministry and Non-Profit
- United Way of Greater Greensboro: A listing of community partners
- Greensboro Fellows
- Z Smith Reynolds Fellowship: Offers one two-year, paid fellowship (beginning July 1) to an individual who demonstrates an interest in philanthropy, public policy, community service and/or the nonprofit sector. This position is salaried and includes benefits.
- NC Child Advocacy Network Members
- World Relief
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Athletes in Action
- Christian Career Center
- Peace Corps
- Learn Liberty: a Project of the Institute for Humane Society
- Opportunity Knocks
- GuideStar.org: provides data and information on non-profit organizations
Sports, Health & Fitness, and Events Industry
- TeamWorkOnline: Portal to sports jobs, employment, careers and internships with the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, LPGA, Comcast-Spectacor, IMG, ATP, WTA
- South Atlantice League Baseball Teams
- Sports Job Board
- Work In Sports
- The Athlete Network
- NCAA- the Market: Careers in College Athletics
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)-After the Game Career Center
- Premier Health & Fitness
- National Academy of Sports Medicine & Athletics and Fitness Association of America
- Bluefish Jobs: Jobs in Collegiate Recreation
- Health Administration Job Board
- Teacher.org a teacher advocacy site for new and current teachers/educators
- Teach for America
- Guilford County Schools
- Teach Abroad
- Souther Teachers Agency: Southern Teachers works with nearly 600 private and independent schools that list thousands of jobs each year. Licensure not necessarily required.
- Footprints Recruiting: recruits teachers and recent graduates for jobs as English teachers abroad.
- KIPP: Serving educationally underserved communities
- The American Association of Christian Schools: Great site if you want to teach in a Christian school in other parts of the country.
- www.educationamerica.net: 1,000’s of teaching and education job opportunities from public and private schools from across the U.S. Free to search, browse and register.
- National Heritage Academies: manages 28 quality elementary schools throughout Michigan, North Carolina, and New York.
- The NC Christian School Association: Great site if you want to teach in a Christian school in NC.
- Praxis Series Professional Assessments For Beginning Teachers: Excellent site with all kinds of information for those who want to teach.
- www.SchoolSpring.com: free service for teachers to find hundreds of K-12 teaching jobs from multiple education job sites around the country
- The Southern Teachers Agency: has listings for teachers at private/independent and public schools in the Southeast. Many listings do not require candidates to have teacher certification and formal teaching experience is not required.
- www.teachingjobs.com: a world-wide directory of teaching jobs from around the world.
- Teachers-Teachers.com: is a free service that will allow you to market yourself to over 10,000 public and private schools nationwide.
- Teachers@Work: is the internet recruitment web site where teachers can post their resumes at no cost giving both schools and teachers the opportunity to locate the most ideal teaching situation.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Locate issues in higher education, job postings, and a whole lot more. This is the number 1 site for academia. It serves as a source of news and information.
- Greensboro College Theatre Department:: a wealth of links for design and technical, acting/performance, costume, and dance
- Swerve/Center for Creative Economy: Tap into a local network of collaborators, mentors, and new business contacts.
- MediaBistro: Media/PR /Marketing board
- Our State Magazine
- Capital Broadcasting Company
- Careers in Music: Opens to the Berklee College of Music
- Artists House Music: Helping musicians and music entrepreneurs create sustainable careers
- Dance/USA: Jobs in the arts all around the country
- Careers in Art: Opens to UNC Wilmington
- The Art Project: Comprehensive resource for aspiring artists
- Careers in Publishing
- Dear English Major
- Velvet Jobs: Career advice, curated selection of jobs focused on Fashion, Entertainment & Media
- Career links for Theatre and Dance Majors: opens to the University of South Carolina
- Orchestra Administration
Business & Technology
- North Carolina Entrepreneurship Center
- Top Tech Jobs
- Dice.com: A tech job board
- American Cancer Society
- Red Ventures
- National Security Agency
- Probation and Parole Officer Careers
- Law Enforcement Jobs
- Federal Law Enforcement Jobs
- North Carolina Department of Justice: includes internship application for the State Crime Lab
- North Carolina Justice Academy
- Guilford County Jobs
- North Carolina State Human Resources
- Military Careers
- Governmentjobs.com: Federal, city and state jobs, entry level to executive
- USAJOBS.gov: Federal jobs
- NC Biotech/Resources
- Duke University Health System
- Apex Life Sciences
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Greensboro Parks and Recreation
- U.S. Forest Service
- Agricultural Research Service
- The Student Conservation Association, Inc: Offers many opportunities for conservation internships
Students with Disabilities
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities
- Getting Hired
- Ability Links
- Ability Jobs
- Disability Job Exchange
- National Business & Disability Council
- National Center on Workforce and Disability
- Federal government
- Association on Higher Education and Disability
- Equal Opportunity Publications
- Resources for Business Owners with Disabilities
- U.S. Department of State International Job Links
- Nomadic Matt: How to live a life of travel
- Matador Network: A travel and lifestyle brand redefining travel media with cutting edge adventure stories, photojournalism, and social commentary
- InterExchange: is a private, non-profit organization with more than 30 years experience in international cultural exchange. Through the Working Abroad Program, American students are offered diverse opportunities to experience everyday life abroad. The Working Abroad programs range from au pair, teaching English and short-term work placements throughout Europe as well as Australia.
- Triad Careers Online: Website listing jobs in the Greater Greensboro, High Point, & Winston-Salem Area. Also find listings in Charlotte and other locations in North Carolina.
- www.indeed.com: The most comprehensive search engine for jobs. It is an incredible tool for job seekers, and is completely free. In one search, Indeed gives students instant access to millions of jobs and internships from sources such as Monster, HotJobs, CareerBuilder, the /New York Times/ and Fortune 500 corporate websites. It draws from thousands of other sources as well, including small industry-specific job boards, local newspapers and associations.
- Zip Recruiter
- LinkedIn: Use LinkedIn Jobs to harness the power of your network and get hired.
- After College: Entry level jobs and internships. Featuring 400,000 entry-level jobs and internships from 25,000+ employers, AfterCollege reaches more than 5,000,000 students each year, including 18,000 faculty, student group and administrative contacts at over 2,000 colleges and universities. Our patented job-matching algorithm pairs new job seekers with opportunities that fit their degree, school, skills and interests making the job search and the candidate search more efficient for everyone.
- Collegegrad.com: is the #1 entry level job site for college students and recent grads. There are over 100,000 active jobs and internships, over 8,000 entry level employer contacts.
- One Day One Job: Entry level jobs and internships for college students and grads.
- America’s Career InfoNet: Users can find wage and employment trends, occupational requirements, state-by-state labor markets, millions of employer contacts, and more
- Buzzfile Employers by Major: Through its Employers by Major product, enables students and career service professionals to find and research thousands of potential employers for each major. With detailed information on 18 million companies, students can proactively seek and network with virtually any employer
- Buzzfile Employers by Major- North Carolina
- CampusCareerCenter.com: The World’s Largest Campus Job Fair. Also, good info for visiting foreign national students.
- Career.com: Find jobs, locate company info, drop your resume and more.
- www.careerbuilder.com: Feedback from students and alumni tells us that this is one of the best sites for jobseekers; CareerBuilder’s job search recommendation engine remembers your searches, scans your resume, and collects details from jobs for which you have applied
- Monster.com: Locate job listing and employer information
- Hoovers: Research employer information and much more.
- IMDiversity.com: Great job links for minority students and alumni
- TrueU: This site is designed for college students who are seeking to discover God’s unique plans and purposes for their lives; it is a part of Focus on the Family’s site (www.focusonthefamily.com) and is built on the foundation of Biblical truth and Christian teachings
- Wall Street Journal: The Wall Street Journal Career Advice page
- Groovejob.com: The #1 site for part-time employment. Search thousands of hourly and part time jobs, jobs for teens and students, summer and seasonal jobs.
- HelpWanted.com: Locate job listing and employer information.
- www.snagajob.com: Find a part-time job or student summer job
College Central Network
Greensboro College is pleased to partner with College Central Network (CCN) as its official resume and job posting service to help Greensboro College students and alumni find internships, part-time and full-time employment opportunities. Local employers post jobs exclusively to our school via the CCN site.
Students and alumni create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/greensboro to:
- Easily search and apply to local and national Full Time, Part Time, Internship job opportunities
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
To Register with College Central Network (CCN)
- Click on the CollegeCentral.com icon or go to www.collegecentral.com/greensboro
- Choose “Create Account” and use your student id number as your User ID
- If you receive a message that there is already an account with your User ID number, click the Activate link to complete your registration