Job Search Methods
- Networking / Informational Interviews / Job Shadows
- Social Media
- Professional/Trade Organizations
- Professional Conferences
- College Career/Alumni Offices
- Cold Contact/Direct Mail
- Job/Career Fairs
- Online Job Sites/Job Boards
- Corporate Career Centers/Websites
- Recruiters/Headhunters/Staffing Agencies
- Want Ads
- Pounding the Pavement/Cold Calling
Use this Job Search Checklist to help you in your job search. Remember, looking for a full-time job is a full-time job!
Cirrus Insight, a customer relationship management organization, offers job seekers advice and email etiquette tips.
Salaries, Offers & Negotiations
Read through this guide with information adapted from Kansas State University and the University of California at Berkley
Suggested Job Search Sites
Click on a link to be taken to suggestions for job search sites for your desired area of interest:
Ministry and Non-Profit
Sports, Health & Fitness, and Events Industry
- TeamWorkOnline: Portal to sports jobs, employment, careers and internships with the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, LPGA, Comcast-Spectacor, IMG, ATP, WTA
- South Atlantice League Baseball Teams
- Sports Job Board
- Work In Sports
- The Athlete Network
- NCAA- the Market: Careers in College Athletics
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)-After the Game Career Center
- Guide to Jobs in the Sports Industry
- Premier Health & Fitness
- National Academy of Sports Medicine & Athletics and Fitness Association of America
- Bluefish Jobs: Jobs in Collegiate Recreation
- Health Administration Job Board
- Teacher.org a teacher advocacy site for new and current teachers/educators
- Teach for America
- Guilford County Schools
- Teach Abroad
- Souther Teachers Agency: Southern Teachers works with nearly 600 private and independent schools that list thousands of jobs each year. Licensure not necessarily required.
- Footprints Recruiting: recruits teachers and recent graduates for jobs as English teachers abroad.
- KIPP: Serving educationally underserved communities
- The American Association of Christian Schools: Great site if you want to teach in a Christian school in other parts of the country.
- www.educationamerica.net: 1,000’s of teaching and education job opportunities from public and private schools from across the U.S. Free to search, browse and register.
- National Heritage Academies: manages 28 quality elementary schools throughout Michigan, North Carolina, and New York.
- The NC Christian School Association: Great site if you want to teach in a Christian school in NC.
- Praxis Series Professional Assessments For Beginning Teachers: Excellent site with all kinds of information for those who want to teach.
- www.SchoolSpring.com: free service for teachers to find hundreds of K-12 teaching jobs from multiple education job sites around the country
- The Southern Teachers Agency: has listings for teachers at private/independent and public schools in the Southeast. Many listings do not require candidates to have teacher certification and formal teaching experience is not required.
- www.teachingjobs.com: a world-wide directory of teaching jobs from around the world.
- Teachers-Teachers.com: is a free service that will allow you to market yourself to over 10,000 public and private schools nationwide.
- Teachers@Work: is the internet recruitment web site where teachers can post their resumes at no cost giving both schools and teachers the opportunity to locate the most ideal teaching situation.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Locate issues in higher education, job postings, and a whole lot more. This is the number 1 site for academia. It serves as a source of news and information.
- Discover Early Childhood: The premium guide to all things related to early childhood education (ECE). Look no further to find absolutely everything you wish to learn about a career in ECE. You will find details on what you can expect on a daily basis as a professional educator in a number of positions, such as a preschool teacher or a high-level administrator.
Business & Technology
Job boards dedicated to remote work that also include experiential learning opportunities:
Students with Disabilities
- U.S. Department of State International Job Links
- Nomadic Matt: How to live a life of travel
- Matador Network: A travel and lifestyle brand redefining travel media with cutting edge adventure stories, photojournalism, and social commentary
- InterExchange: is a private, non-profit organization with more than 30 years experience in international cultural exchange. Through the Working Abroad Program, American students are offered diverse opportunities to experience everyday life abroad. The Working Abroad programs range from au pair, teaching English and short-term work placements throughout Europe as well as Australia.
- NC Triad: the Find Your Center site includes a set of tools – such as a cost of living calculator for the area, and a tool that estimates commute time – that will help prospects make their decisions.
- Zippia: look for internships and jobs locally and across the country
- Triad Careers Online: Website listing jobs in the Greater Greensboro, High Point, & Winston-Salem Area. Also find listings in Charlotte and other locations in North Carolina.
- www.indeed.com: The most comprehensive search engine for jobs. It is an incredible tool for job seekers, and is completely free. In one search, Indeed gives students instant access to millions of jobs and internships from sources such as Monster, HotJobs, CareerBuilder, the /New York Times/ and Fortune 500 corporate websites. It draws from thousands of other sources as well, including small industry-specific job boards, local newspapers and associations.
- Zip Recruiter
- LinkedIn: Use LinkedIn Jobs to harness the power of your network and get hired.
- After College: Entry level jobs and internships. Featuring 400,000 entry-level jobs and internships from 25,000+ employers, AfterCollege reaches more than 5,000,000 students each year, including 18,000 faculty, student group and administrative contacts at over 2,000 colleges and universities. Our patented job-matching algorithm pairs new job seekers with opportunities that fit their degree, school, skills and interests making the job search and the candidate search more efficient for everyone.
- Collegegrad.com: is the #1 entry level job site for college students and recent grads. There are over 100,000 active jobs and internships, over 8,000 entry level employer contacts.
- One Day One Job: Entry level jobs and internships for college students and grads.
- America’s Career InfoNet: Users can find wage and employment trends, occupational requirements, state-by-state labor markets, millions of employer contacts, and more
- Buzzfile Employers by Major: Through its Employers by Major product, enables students and career service professionals to find and research thousands of potential employers for each major. With detailed information on 18 million companies, students can proactively seek and network with virtually any employer
- Buzzfile Employers by Major- North Carolina
- CampusCareerCenter.com: The World’s Largest Campus Job Fair. Also, good info for visiting foreign national students.
- Career.com: Find jobs, locate company info, drop your resume and more.
- www.careerbuilder.com: Feedback from students and alumni tells us that this is one of the best sites for jobseekers; CareerBuilder’s job search recommendation engine remembers your searches, scans your resume, and collects details from jobs for which you have applied
- Monster.com: Locate job listing and employer information
- Hoovers: Research employer information and much more.
- IMDiversity.com: Great job links for minority students and alumni
- TrueU: This site is designed for college students who are seeking to discover God’s unique plans and purposes for their lives; it is a part of Focus on the Family’s site (www.focusonthefamily.com) and is built on the foundation of Biblical truth and Christian teachings
- Wall Street Journal: The Wall Street Journal Career Advice page
- WanderJobs: Live, work, and adventure in unspoiled environments and vibrant communities. Always paid jobs, housing always included
- Groovejob.com: The #1 site for part-time employment. Search thousands of hourly and part time jobs, jobs for teens and students, summer and seasonal jobs.
- HelpWanted.com: Locate job listing and employer information.
- www.snagajob.com: Find a part-time job or student summer job
Buzzfile: Greensboro – Employers in North Carolina by Major
The most advanced company information database