B.S. in Health Science
Are you fascinated with how the human body works and how to make it work better? Do you envision yourself helping and healing others on a day-to-day basis? The B.S. in Health Sciences degree will help you build upon your passion and embark on a career in physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, wellness, and human performance, and other areas of health care. The rigorous curriculum gives students flexible career options: enter highly competitive graduate school programs or go straight to work in a field with a steady demand for trained and skilled specialists.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. in Health Sciences from Greensboro College leads to flexible career options and:
- Prepares you to enter the workforce or continue your studies in graduate school
- Strengthens your passions for healthcare, wellness, and human performance
- Offers you undeniable job security in a field where people at all stages of life require health and wellness services
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Health Sciences means you’ll have the unique opportunities to:
- Practice learned skills with state-of-the-art equipment and techniques in our biomechanics and physiology labs
- Gain hands-on experience by completing a 180-hour internship with a company in your chosen field
- Get ahead of the competition and take the courses needed prior to applying to graduate school
- Stay on track to pursue your career goals with our personalized, one-on-one advising
- Work alongside equally driven and like-minded individuals that are also going through your program
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.S. in Health Sciences, you can go right to work in several, health-related professions, including, but not limited to:
- Personal Trainer
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Specialist
- Clinical Weight Management
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Health Education Specialist
- Medical Equipment and Pharmaceutical Sales
You will be prepared to sit for sought-after professional certification exams such as, NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP-C) and be eligible for the ACSM Exercise is Medicine (EIM) credential. You can also pursue a graduate degree to become a licensed Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. You will be ready to apply for graduate school in time and be prepared for the most competitive programs in the country.
Many of our health sciences graduates go on to graduate school to pursue programs such as:
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Prosthetics orthotics
- Physician’s Assistant