B.S. in Health and Physical Education
Are you interested in bettering the lives of children through teaching and coaching? Do you see yourself as a health and wellness role model? Combining in-class lectures with hands-on experience, the B.S. in Health and Physical Education degree will have students learn the skills and techniques needed to teach and promote healthy living. If you are passionate about advocating healthy lifestyles through sport and physical activity, and are interested in sparking that same passion for others as a teacher or coach, then this program is for you.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. In Health and Physical Education will:
- Open doors to a teaching career in the health science field and physical education world
- Strengthen your passions for health and wellness
- Allow you to lead a life where you can teach and inspire the next generation of children
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Health and Physical Education means you will have the opportunity to:
- Earn the initial dual licensure in Health & Physical Education for grades K-12
- Personally connect and learn from faculty that truly cares about you and your goals
- Make a name for yourself in a well-recognized community through internships and volunteer opportunities
- Experience personalized learning through one-on-one instruction with licensed physical education teachers in public school settings
- Attend engaging lectures and interactive class discussions
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.S. and K-12 teaching licensure in Health Sciences and Physical Education, you can:
- Begin your career as a physical education teacher
- Lead others as a sports or strengthening coach
- Take charge as a sports or fitness director, as well as a personal trainer
- Pursue a graduate degree in related fields, such as health, education, coaching, and exercise science