About You: Your Interests, Personality, Strengths, Skills, and Values
Contact the Director of Career and Personal Development at email@example.com for information on taking the Strong Interest Inventory, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, or CliftonStrengths Finder.
Greensboro College is pleased to offer students and alumni the TypeFocus program. This interactive program assesses personality type and generates customized reports to help people understand themselves better so they can choose more effective career strategies.
- Assess your strengths
Multiple career assessments such as personality, interests, values and skills will help you understand yourself better.
- Explore occupations
Based on your assessment results you will discover which occupations suit you best.
- Set goals
Decide where you want to go and create a plan on how to get there.
- Search for jobs
Improve your success and gain confidence the smart way – by focusing on your strengths.
- Succeed in any job
Make any employer glad they hired you by developing your key employability skills.
Click on the TypeFocus logo to get started. Register as a new user using your greensboro.edu email address. Contact the Director of Career and Personal Development for the access code.
Interests Assessments/Holland Codes and Themes
- Strong Interest Inventory: Measure your career and leisure interests using this assessment based on John L. Holland’s theory that most people and work environments can be classified into 6 different groups.
- My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. The site has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers. Users can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person’s interests and level of work experience.
- CFNC.org: Offers free assessments to help you learn more about your interests, skills, and work values
- Truity: Information and career advice for each of the 6 Holland Themes
Personality Quizzes and Information
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): a personality test designed to assist a person in identifying some significant personal preferences in how he or she perceives the world around them and make decisions.
- 16 Personalities. A free personality quiz based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator of 16 personality types
- Personality Page: For a more in depth look at the 16 personalities and suggested careers for each type
- Truity: videos and information on the 16 personalities
This assessment measure your natural patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving, so when you’re done, you’ll have discovered your talents.
Skills and Values
- Skills Sort: Identify skills you both excel at AND enjoy
- Work Values: Identify what is important to you in relation to your work
Are You a Future Entrepreneur?
Take one of these online assessments to see if you have the potential to start your own business