About You: Your Interests, Personality, Strengths, Skills, and Values
The Office of Career and Personal Development is proud to offer its students and alumni TypeFocus7 which offers online personality type and career assessment resources that will allow you to assess your strengths, explore majors and occupations, set goals, search for jobs and succeed in any job! To get your free access code, please contact Caryn J Atwater, Director of Career and Personal Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on taking the Strong Interest Inventory, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, or CliftonStrengths Finder, contact the Director of Career and Personal Development at email@example.com
Interests Assessments/Holland Codes and Themes
- Strong Interest Inventory: Measure your career and leisure interests using this assessment based on John L. Holland’s theory that most people and work environments can be classified into 6 different groups.
- Truity: Information and career advice for each of the 6 Holland Themes
Personality Quizzes and Information
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): a personality test designed to assist a person in identifying some significant personal preferences in how he or she perceives the world around them and make decisions.
- Personality Page and 16 Personalities: For a more in depth look at the 16 personalities and suggested careers for each type
- Truity: videos and information on the 16 personalities
This assessment measure your natural patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving, so when you’re done, you’ll have discovered your talents.
Skills and Values
- Skills Sort: Identify skills you both excel at AND enjoy
- Work Values: Identify what is important to you in relation to your wo
Are You a Future Entrepreneur?
Take one of these online assessments to see if you have the potential to start your own business