B.F.A. in Painting & Drawing
Students want to grasp the “whys” and “hows” of professional art-making. We guide and challenge them to begin mastering traditional skills, and push them to adapt them to newer media. Students gain hands-on knowledge of making their own paint and other materials, and develop their skills through in-depth instruction and experimentation with a wide range of techniques. Among the tactics we use to teach these lessons are: projects, creative workshopping, collaborations, internships, exhibitions, and visits by working artists. We help students hone intuitive processes, expanding visual literacy to enhance their path to becoming working, independent artists. They are introduced to entrepreneurial skills to help break into the highly competitive business of producing, marketing, and honestly committing to careers as image-makers.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.F.A. in Painting and Drawing allows you to:
- Strengthen your ability to express your creativity through various painting and drawing mediums
- Build upon your knowledge and appreciation of art’s impact on the past and present
- Prepare you for a graduate degree in fine arts
- Better your creative thinking, intuition, problem-solving, and visual literacy skills
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.F.A. in Painting and Drawing means you’ll have the unique opportunities to:
- Create art that will impact our Greensboro community and beyond through classroom projects and internships
- Gain the intuitive and visual literacy skills to be an independent artist
- Challenge your creativity and grow alongside equally passionate peers and faculty
- Have personalized, one-on-one attention and help from our faculty so you can stay on track with your career goals
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.F.A. in Painting and Drawing, you will be ready to pursue a graduate degree in the fine arts or begin your creative career in several art-related professions as a:
- Craft and Fine Artist
- Multimedia or Graphic Artist
- Art Director