B.A. or B.S. in Human Development and Family Science (Interdisciplinary)
Are you interested in working with families and children? Would you like to play a part in influencing professional policy and reform? Do you dream of becoming a community organizer, or even developing your own educational center? Then a B.A. or B.S. in Human Development and Family Science is the program for you. Comprising coursework from the departments of Education, Psychology, and Sociology, this interdisciplinary program prepares students to work with families and children outside the traditional school system as community organizers, center administrators, service professionals, and more. If you want to be the person that gives families and children their voices in the community to fulfill their dreams and goals, then this is the program for you. This major is also offered online.
Students pursuing this major must complete the requirements linked below.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. or B.S. in Human Development and Family Science allows you to:
- Embark on a fulfilling career that serves families and the next generation to gain the skills they need to understand their community and world
- Inspire and influence policy and reform
- Connect with children and families and change their lives for the better through the education system and community agencies
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.A. or B.S. in Human Development and Family Science means you will have the unique opportunities to:
- Train and prepare for your career in a different community and school settings
- Learn from an exceptional faculty who lead by example and showcase patient and caring teaching
- Have one-on-one time with professors and advisors to ensure you stay on track with your career goals
- Engage in extensive internships connected to your career goals
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. or B.S. in Human Development and Family Science, you can begin your career in community services, administrative agencies, or family programs. You will also be prepared to further your learning and pursue a graduate degree if you so choose.