B.S. in Biology
Are you fascinated by the natural world and love learning about living organisms? Do you see yourself in a career as a medical professional, biologist, or teacher? Our B.S. in Biology program is designed to help students embark on a career in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, biological research, life sciences education, science writing, and more, as well as foster their passion for learning about all living things. Challenging and rewarding, this curriculum will prepare students for the next step in their biology-based career, whether that is employment or entry into a graduate/professional school program. Our three biology concentrations will allow you to find the right fit for your interests and career goals.
Students majoring in Biology have the option of earning a concentration in the following areas:
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.S. in Biology from Greensboro College leads to flexible career options and will:
- Fuel your interests and passions for learning about living organisms at the cellular, organismal, and ecosystem levels
- Strengthen your research, collaboration, communication, and data analysis skills
- Provide you with hands-on experience through our lab-intensive curriculum
Concentrations in Biology
You have options when pursuing a B.S. in Biology, including these concentrations:
- Biomedical Science – This concentration is designed for students interested in Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dental, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Pre-Physician Assistant, and medical research programs.
- Wildlife and Conservation – This concentration is designed for students interested in careers that involve biological fieldwork such as wildlife biology, environmental biology, ecology, and conservation science.
- Integrative Biology – This concentration will give students a diverse biology degree with broad exposure to multiple areas of the discipline.
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
At Greensboro College, earning a B.S. in Biology means you will have the opportunity to:
- Stand out from other job or graduate school applicants by completing internships and research
- Learn from an experienced, passionate, and tight-knit faculty
- Get one-on-one time with our professors to master concepts and truly excel in your major
- Stay on track to pursue your career goals with our personalized advising
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.S. in Biology, you can go right to work in several, biology-related professions or prepare for graduate school.