B.A. in History- Religion
Are you interested in exploring your faith and understanding its religious origins?
Since this program primarily focuses on the history of religious contexts, this B.A. in History-Religion allows you to gain an understanding of the historical origins of your and many others’ faith-based beliefs. If you’re passionate about viewing religious studies through a historical lens and want to explore what has influenced your faith, then this is the program for you.
Why Choose This Degree?
A B.A. in History-Religion will:
- Give you the opportunity to study history, religion, ethics, and philosophy
- Allow you to study and learn through the lenses of multiple fields
- Prepare you for graduate programs in history, religion, philosophy, theology, and ministry
- Help you develop critical thinking and apply ethical approaches in all aspects of life
Why Earn it at Greensboro College?
Greensboro College offers multiple avenues to study history and complementary fields. Unique to our program is the option to complete dual degrees, as well as the commitment to hands-on experiences in research, teaching, public history, preservation, and local history with faculty members. In addition, Greensboro College is a treasure trove of history and historical artifacts as an institution and as a member of the greater Greensboro community. Faculty members are experts in their fields, and are active scholars, researchers, and writers who are committed to teaching their students not only the stories of the past, but how to critically understand the community at the local to international levels.
What Can I Do After Graduation?
With your B.A. in History-Religion, you will be able to:
- Enter the workforce with a transferrable skill set of critical thinking, written and oral communication, research and analytical abilities
- Attend graduate school in history, public history/museum studies, library science, political science, religion, philosophy, law, education–the list is endless!
- Become a teacher
- Work in a museum
- Record and research for governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Non-profit work