Calls to Action

Paying for College

Types of financial aid

Federal Aid can include a number of opportunities, such as: grants, loans, and work study.

State Aid can include a number of opportunities, such as: scholarships or grants.

Private Student Loans are obtained through a Lender, by students, on their own behalf. Many of our students use: Discover, Wells Fargo and Sallie Mae. However, students can use any Lender of their choice.

Click here to Compare Lender Information such as Interest Rates, Repayment Term, etc.

Getting your financial aid process started

Follow these steps to ensure you’re on the right path:

  • Step 1 - Apply for admission to Greensboro College. You can contact our Admissions Office at 336-272-7102, extension 211. They can help you with questions about the application process, setting up a tour, and general questions about Greensboro College.
  • Step 2 - Request your PIN. Your PIN (Personal Identification Number) will serve as your electronic signature when you fill out any forms, such as the FAFSA, for Federal Aid. For a dependent student, a parent will need their own PIN to electronically sign.
  • Step 3 - Fill out the FAFSA. You’ll need to visit the FAFSA website and select to start a new application, or return to your application and login. Greensboro College’s school code is 002930, and will be required to ensure your information is sent to our Financial Aid office electronically. When you are finished, sign the FAFSA using your PIN so your application can be processed.
  • Step 4 - Once you have been accepted, and we receive your completed your FAFSA (with no errors), the Financial Aid Office will review your FAFSA to start the awarding process. 

If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact the Financial Aid office at 336-272-7102, ext. 217; or email us at