PAWS: Preparing, Advising, and Welcoming Students
PAWS ORIENTATION FOR STUDENTS ADMITTED FOR FALL 2018
PAWS is a one-day program during the summer where students:
- Learn about campus life and opportunities to get involved
- Receive information about the academic curriculum and academic services
- Meet faculty, staff, and other incoming students
- Complete paperwork and ask questions related to financial aid and student accounts
- Register for classes and receive guidance about class schedules
The PAWS program is free for students, and there is a fee of $15 for each guest that accompanies you. Please be prepared to pay this fee at check-in using cash or a credit card. Guests who participate will have a separate, parent-focused program designed to answer their unique questions.
PAWS Dates for First-Year Students Entering in Fall 2018
Each PAWS session will be capped at 60 students, so we strongly encourage you to register early in order to get the date that best fits your schedule!
- Friday, June 15 – Deadline to Register is Monday, June 11
- Friday, June 29 – Deadline to Register is Monday, June 25
- Friday, July 13 – Deadline to Register is Monday, July 9
- Friday, July 20 – Deadline to Register is Monday, July 16
At Greensboro College we understand that transferring to a new college can be a stressful and confusing time and that your needs are different from those of an incoming first-year student. That is why we designed a special Transfers Only PAWS (PAWS-T) with you in mind! PAWS-T will take place on Monday, July 23; the deadline to register is Wednesday, July 18.
PAWS-T will operate on a half-day schedule beginning at 8:30 a.m. and ending around 2 p.m.
How to Register
All PAWS and PAWS-T dates are first-come, first-served, and you must be registered to attend!
To register for a PAWS or PAWS-T date, follow these simple steps on your Pride Page in Empower:
- Log into your Pride Page.
- Click the “Steps to Enroll” tab.
- Click the “Steps to Enrollment” link.
- Click the “Paws: Preparing, Advising and Welcoming Students” link.
As you complete the registration form, please answer every question to the best of your knowledge! This will help us prepare for your arrival and give you a great experience during PAWS. Once you have registered, check out our How to Prepare page, where you will find helpful information for your PAWS experience.
PAWS Schedule Outline:
- Check-In: 8:30–9:15 a.m.
- Informational Sessions: 9:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Lunch: 12-1 p.m.
- Informational Sessions & Advising: 1-3:30 p.m.
- Registration, Optional Writing Placement Test, & Afternoon Social: 3:30-5 p.m.
You will receive a fully detailed schedule upon your arrival at check-in!
Questions can be directed to:
Jenna Ryan, M.Ed.
Director of First Year Experience