September 16, 2020 9:49 am
The Admissions Counselor represents the College both on and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. The goals of the office are to identify those students most likely to be successful and graduate from Greensboro College, to enroll and retain students through graduation, and to assist students and parents through the admissions process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement an effective recruiting and enrollment plan for assigned territory.
- Based on data analysis, evaluate schools in assigned recruitment area to determine which schools warrant an actual visit by a representative.
- Based on data analysis, evaluate college day/night programs to determine which programs provide the best recruitment opportunity for the College.
- Provide innovative ways of communicating with high schools (and/or community/technical colleges) and guidance personnel as part of the team implementation of the communication flow.
- Advise and counsel prospective student and families on the College’s processes and eligibility requirements for admission.
- Evaluate credentials of students’ applications for admission and use professional judgment to determine eligibility. Review questionable applications with Admissions Review Team.
- Conduct group information sessions and represent the college during special programs, events and campus visits.
- Maintain knowledge of current financial aid policies and procedures for Federal, State and Institutional aid including an understanding of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Travel required. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment and computer systems
- Ability to work independently with a clear understanding of priorities, deadlines and the overall goals of the College
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with students, parents, College personnel and other educational institutions
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.
This post was written by Courtney Sparrow