Under the direction of the Director of Recruitment and Communications, the person represents the College both on and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. The goals of the office are to identify those students most likely to be successful and graduate from Greensboro College, to enroll and retain students through graduation, and to assist students and parents through the admissions process. Under the supervision of the Director of Recruitment and Communication, the person also plans, organizes, and implements all campus visits, including serving as the main point of contact for admissions guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with Director of Recruitment and Communication and Dean of Admissions, plan and implement admissions campus events and work with faculty and staff related to specific campus visits.
- Communicate with campus liaisons to reserve all items for all on-campus admissions events.
- Purchase necessary items within allotted budget to ensure successful events.
- Create and disseminate emails and surveys to monitor and assess event participation.
- Implement an effective recruiting and enrollment plan for assigned territory.
- Based on data analysis, evaluate schools in assigned recruitment area to determine which schools warrant an actual visit by a representative.
- Based on data analysis, evaluate college day/night programs to determine which programs provide the best recruitment opportunity for the College.
- Provide innovative ways of communicating with high schools (and/or community/technical colleges) and guidance personnel as part of the team implementation of the communication flow.
- Advise and counsel prospective student and families on the College’s processes and eligibility requirements for admission.
- Evaluate credentials of students’ applications for admission and use professional judgment to determine eligibility. Review questionable applications with Admissions Review Team.
- Conduct group information sessions and represent the college during special programs, events and campus visits.
- Maintain knowledge of current financial aid policies and procedures for Federal, State and Institutional aid including an understanding of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Travel required. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment and computer systems
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Ability to work independently with clear understanding of priorities, deadlines and goals
- Must be able to multi-task and be a team player
Link to apply:
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.