Certification and Innovative Programs
Greensboro College offers a number of non-academic-credit certification programs. The Fall 2017 schedule includes the course offerings listed below.
If you would like to make an appointment to speak to an admissions counselor concerning enrolling in the Paralegal Certification Education Program please contact us at the number listed below:
Director of Certification and Innovative Programs
336-272-7102, ext. 5760
Register and pay for one or more of the courses listed below at this web link: http://empowerweb.greensboro.edu/community
Paralegal Certification Education Program
The Paralegal Certification Education Prep Program is an accelerated course that allows students to attain their state paralegal certification. Students must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree to be eligible to attend Greensboro College’s 16-week program. The course requires 190 contact hours and 300 overall hours. The in-class hours are reached by attending classes for four hours two nights a week, along with Saturday classes.
Upcoming Spring Schedule: TBA.
Program Fee: $4,745 (installment payment plan) or $4,500 (paid in full). Includes books and materials.
Greensboro College’s Program Benefits and Specifics:
- Learn from three experienced instructors whose combined Paralegal Certification Education teaching spans more than 30 years.
- Benefit from knowledgeable lawyers who currently work as Guilford County assistant public defenders and an assistant district attorney.
- Acquire networking skills from experienced paralegals currently working in the field.
- Enjoy interactive classroom discussions and being part of a team environment.
- Who should join us? Recent college graduates, career changers, individuals looking for a professional field, and current legal assistants or paralegals are encouraged to enroll.
- The program is managed by a director who has been working in higher education and with paralegal students for 14 years.
SAT/ACT Test Preparation Program
Greensboro College’s SAT and ACT Test Preparation classes have been created by two teachers whose combined experience spans more than 60 years. Both instructors have a passion for teaching and are dedicated to offering an effective learning environment for the students.
Upcoming SAT Schedule: 2-5 p.m. Sundays, Feb. 11, 18, 25, March 4. Cost: $399.
Upcoming ACT Schedule:
- Fall 2017: 2-5 p.m. Sundays, Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22. Cost: $399.
- Spring 2018: 2-5 p.m. Sundays, Jan. 14, 21, 28, and Feb. 4. Cost: $399.
Greensboro College’s Course Benefits and Specifics:
- Learn from two experienced instructors whose combined teaching spans more than 60 years.
- Take part in a pre-test and post-test exam, which will allow teachers to better evaluate and teach to your skills as you progress through the programs.
- Enjoy interactive classroom activities and learn from experienced teachers who are experts in their areas of study.
- Build confidence while learning strategies to feel more comfortable on exam day!
GRE Test Preparation Program
Greensboro College’s GRE Test Prep classes are taught by effective and experienced instructors over four consecutive weekends. The GRE Test Preparation program covers the math and verbal sections of the exam, while building students’ analytical and critical reasoning skills. Additionally, the program builds students’ confidence through test-taking tips and strategies. The instructor also offers personalized guidance and instruction for writing college and university essays.
Upcoming GRE Test Prep Schedule: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, Nov. 11, 18; Dec. 2, 9.
Class Fee: $500; includes books and materials.
LSAT Test Preparation Program
The LSAT Preparation Program covers “real” questions from prior exams, offers students writing evaluations, introduces the puzzle and games sections of the exam, and provides students with test-taking strategies. The instructor took the LSAT, attended law school and has more than 30 years’ experience teaching.
Upcoming LSAT Test Prep Schedule: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, Oct. 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11 and 18.
Class Fee: $600 includes books and materials.
Emerging Leaders Series: Boot Camp or Three-Week Program
Greensboro College’s Emerging Leaders Series is offered to early-mid career professionals in corporate, nonprofit, and government sectors tasked with improving performance of their teams and who are motivated to grow their own leadership skills.
The purpose of the series is to provide emerging leaders with specific tools on how to solve leadership challenges. As a participant in the Boot Camp Series, you will spend three days immersed in a world-class, research-based curriculum from the Center for Creative Leadership delivered by two energetic facilitators from Development By Design. Each topic is ½ day long. You will participate in dynamic, hands-on workshops that will engage you in proven leadership principles to help you improve your own performance, the performance of your team, and build the capacity of your organization. The Emerging Leaders Series Three-Week Program offers all the same benefits as the “Bootcamp” Series, but at a slower pace with one topic being taught per four-hour class.
Upcoming Emerging Leaders Series Bootcamp Schedule: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Oct. 18-20 (lunch provided)
Upcoming Emerging Leaders Three-Week Schedule: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, Oct. 25, 27, Nov. 1, 3, 8, 10 (lunch provided)
Class Fee: $1,599
Each Series Includes Six Beneficial Topics:
- Influence – The Business of Getting Things Done
- Step Up to Conflict
- Feedback That Works
- Leading People Through Change
- Selling Your Ideas
- Boundary Spanning Leadership: Turning Boundaries into Frontiers
Retirement 101 Program
The Retirement 101 program is an entertaining and informative course designed for adults between the ages of 50 and 70. A Certified Financial Planner® instructs classroom sessions. The course will help participants create a plan to retire early, integrate their finances with their goals and values, teach attendees to use new tax-law changes to their advantage, and instruct participants on how to ask the right questions when evaluating insurance coverage.
Upcoming Retirement 101 Wednesday Schedule: 6-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 25, Nov. 1, Nov. 8
Upcoming Retirement 101 Saturday Schedule: 9:15 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, Nov. 4 and 11.
Class Fee: $79; choose to attend Wednesdays or Saturdays
Greensboro College’s Course Benefits and Specifics:
- Identify strategies to build, sustain and distribute wealth.
- Understand the costs and access the risks in retirement.
- Understand the rules regarding Social Security and how to maximize benefits.
- Minimize taxes today and in retirement to maximize cash flow.
- Learn how to properly distribute estate to beneficiaries.
Certified Financial Planning Education Program – TBA
Register and pay for one or more of the courses listed above at this web link: http://empowerweb.greensboro.edu/community