Greensboro College offers two types of tutoring: peer and professional.
Learn more about peer tutoring offered through the PEAK.
Professional tutoring is available through the First Citizens Bank Global Communication Center. (The center itself will open later in 2019 on the garden level of Jones Library; for now, its services are being offered in other locations as shown below.) Consultations for writing, speaking, and media use are available to all students free of charge. You may choose a one-on-one session to work in person with a consultant in all three areas: writing, speaking, and media use. Online consultations are limited to writing.
Sign up for writing, speaking and/or media-production appointments. (You will need to create a free account the first time you visit this site.)
Written and speaking tutoring
Writing consultants assist with the planning and polishing of all writing projects:
- Personal statements
Online writing tutoring
Spring 2019 semester: Tutoring is available Sunday-Friday.
- Sunday-Thursday: Work submitted by 4 p.m. will be returned with feedback by 10:30 p.m.
- Friday: Work submitted by 9 a.m. will be returned by returned with feedback by 3 p.m.
In-person writing tutoring appointments (location: Cowan 202)
- Mondays: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 3-5 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 3-5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Speaking consultants assist with the planning and polishing of many kinds of speaking projects, including those using visual aids:
- Class speeches
- Poster sessions
- Showcase Day
- Capstone presentations
In-person speaking tutoring appointments (location: Cowan 316)
- Mondays: 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Thursdays: 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- and by appointment. Email Colleen Colby at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Media production consultants aid with the planning and editing of projects that incorporate video, audio, graphics or photography:
- Video interviews and presentations
- Photo editing and design
- Incorporation of videos and photos into projects
- Instruction in iMovie, PowerPoint, and in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat
In-person appointments (location: Cowan 13)
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 1-4 p.m.
- Friday: 12:30-4:30 p.m.
The First Citizens Bank Global Communications Center Moodle Page
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions.