Greensboro College Criminal Justice Honor Society Inducts Three New Members
April 30, 2020 9:21 am
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Greensboro College’s chapter of the criminal-justice honor society Alpha Phi Sigma has inducted three new members.
- Isabella Grace Cross, a junior criminal justice and psychology major from Sylmar, Calif.
- Caitlin Elizabeth Hoffhine, a junior criminal justice and psychology major from Melbourne, Fla.
- Justin Thomas Matthews, a junior criminal justice and sociology major from Jamestown, N.C.
Alpha Phi Sigma Inductees must:
- Have declared a major, minor or equivalent in criminal justice or a related field.
- Have completed three full-time semesters or their equivalent.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum GPA of 3.2 in courses in criminal justice-related fields with at least four courses in the criminal-justice field.
- Rank in the top 35% of their class.
Alpha Phi Sigma was founded in 1942 at Washington State University and is affiliated with both the Association of College Honor Societies and the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. Greensboro College’s Mu Alpha chapter was chartered in 2012.
Greensboro College provides a liberal arts education grounded in the traditions of the United Methodist Church and fosters the intellectual, social, and, spiritual development of all students while supporting their individual needs.
Founded in 1838 and located in downtown Greensboro, the college enrolls about 1,000 students from 29 states and territories, the District of Columbia, and seven foreign countries in its undergraduate liberal-arts program and six master’s degree programs. In addition to rigorous academics and a well-supported Honors program, the school features a 17-sport NCAA Division III athletic program and dozens of service and recreational opportunities. Learn more at greensboro.edu.
Think critically. Act justly. Live faithfully.
Lex Alexander, Director of Communications
815 W. Market St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
336-272-7102, ext. 5398
Categorized in: News
This post was written by lex