Greensboro College’s Chapter of Political Science Honor Society Inducts Five New Members
April 13, 2020 2:28 pm
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Greensboro College’s chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the national honor society in political science, has inducted five new members. They are:
- Alycia Janae Artis, a junior Exercise & Sport Study major and political science minor from New Orleans La.
- Keegan Thomas Cordell, a junior history/political science major from Chapel Hill N.C.
- Mary JoAnne Lowe, a senior political science, sociology and criminal justice major from Ararat N.C.
- Elizabeth Peyton Perdue, a senior English and political science major from Asheboro N.C.
- Baxter Levocz Sobolewski, a senior history/political science major from Chapel Hill N.C.
Pi Sigma Alpha was founded in 1920 at the University of Texas. Greensboro College’s Chi Beta chapter was established in 1998. Its adviser is Victor Archibong, professor and chair of the Department of Political Science and Legal Administration.
Undergraduate inductees must be at least juniors who have completed at least 10 semester-credits of work in political science, including at least one upper-division course, with an average grade of B or higher in those courses. Also, their overall GPA must place them in the top one-third of their class.
Greensboro College provides a liberal arts education grounded in the traditions of the United Methodist Church and fosters the intellectual, social, and, spiritual development of all students while supporting their individual needs.
Founded in 1838 and located in downtown Greensboro, the college enrolls about 1,000 students from 29 states and territories, the District of Columbia, and seven foreign countries in its undergraduate liberal-arts program and six master’s degree programs. In addition to rigorous academics and a well-supported Honors program, the school features a 17-sport NCAA Division III athletic program and dozens of service and recreational opportunities. Learn more at greensboro.edu.
Think critically. Act justly. Live faithfully.
Lex Alexander, Director of Communications
815 W. Market St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
336-272-7102, ext. 5398
Categorized in: News
This post was written by lex