Aug. 21, 2018
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Greensboro College and Durham Technical Community College have entered into an agreement that will offer conditional admission to GC to international students who have successfully completed an intensive English program at Durham Tech.
Under the agreement, called a memorandum of understanding, international students who otherwise qualify for admission to Greensboro College will be admitted if they successfully complete Durham Tech’s English for Academic Purposes program and pass the EAP Level 4 assessment.
The memorandum of understanding is among a number that Greensboro College already has, including:
- An agreement with North Carolina’s community-college system, through North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities, to recognize and accept for transfer credit community-college courses that overlap with GC’s general-education courses.
- An agreement with a Florida community college for theatre students.
- Agreements with the University of Ludwigsberg in Germany and Roehampton University outside London regarding international study.
- Agreements with several area colleges and universities in the Greater Greensboro Consortium that allow GC students to take certain classes at those other institutions, and vice versa.
- An agreement with Guilford County Schools’ Greensboro College Middle College to allow those high-school students to take some courses at the college.
Greensboro College provides a liberal arts education grounded in the traditions of the United Methodist Church and fosters the intellectual, social, and, spiritual development of all students while supporting their individual needs.
Founded in 1838 and located in downtown Greensboro, the college enrolls about 1,000 students from 29 states and territories, the District of Columbia, and seven foreign countries in its undergraduate liberal-arts program and six master’s degree programs. In addition to rigorous academics and a well-supported Honors program, the school features an 18-sport NCAA Division III athletic program and dozens of service and recreational opportunities.
Lex Alexander, Director of Communications
815 W. Market St.
Greensboro, NC 27401
336-272-7102, ext. 5398