Please contact the Registrar's Office for information concerning consortium dates.
If you wish to take a course through the consortium:*
* The Consortium consists of: A&T, Bennett, Elon, GTCC, Guilford, High Point and UNCG.The consortium arrangement exists only for the fall or the spring. Students take courses at the host institution and pay the tuition to the home institution (GC), grades are submitted to the home institution and will be on that transcript. If you want to take courses elsewhere during the summer, you’ll need to complete a Prior Approval form to be sure your credits will transfer to GC.
To be eligible to take courses through the consortium, you must be:
- a first degree seeking student
- taking at least as many hours at GC as you want to take at the host institution
Please note: policy states that students may not take general education requirements through the consortium. If you wish to do so, you need to petition for permission to take a general education course through the consortium. If that request is denied, the consortium course will count only as an elective, and credit will not be applied to a general education requirement.
To register, you need to:
- Complete the consortium registration form. Use the course # and title of the course(s) used by host institution. You can access this information at each institution’s web site.
- Have your advisor sign the form.
Because of the conversion to the new curriculum that began with fall 2006, the faculty have not reviewed all the courses at every institution in the consortium yet. A new, additional step to the process is that your advisor will need to write the course equivalency for Greensboro College on the consortium form under the course information that you fill in on the form. If the course you wish to take is not in your advisor’s department, you should see the appropriate department chair for the course you want to take for that information.
- You must return the form to the Greensboro College Registrar’s office.
- We will have your form signed by the Dean of the Faculty, then, add the course(s) to your schedule.
- We will give/mail you copies of the form for you to take to the other school during their specified registration period.
- If you are unable to get into the class(es) you requested at the host institution, be sure to return to the GC Registrar’s office to let us know so the class(es) can be dropped from your GC schedule. Failure to do so will result in academic and/or financial penalties.
Additional information you should know:
- Classes at all 8 institutions are not necessarily on the same schedule. It is the student’s responsibility to adhere to the policies and schedules of the host institution as well as Greensboro College. Breaks, holidays, start/end dates and exams may be different. It is the student’s responsibility to make housing arrangements for times that differ from GC’s schedule.
- Students who take courses through the consortium will be billed by their home institution.
- Transcripts will be sent directly to our office from the Registrar’s office at the host institution after the semester is over, and then your credits/grade(s) will be added to your GC transcript.
- Courses taken through the consortium affect your gpa as if you had taken the course on our campus.
- If you decide to drop, or withdraw from, a course you have registered for through the consortium, you must do so at both institutions. Failure to do so may result in academic or financial penalties.
Be prepared and consider all requirements carefully before you register!